What is the best way to decrease drag and increase fuel economy in aircraft?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Blog 11: Holiday Project Update

1. It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school. What did you do over the break with your senior project?

     Over the break I began searching for possible designs and airfoil shapes for the aircraft I hope to construct for my independent component. I also began to get a list of the materials I will need, aswell as the tools I will need.

2. What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why? What was the source of what you learned?

    I learned the basics of RC plane design, like my first interviewee suggested I do, and this was pretty important because an RC craft reacts and performs similar to large scale craft, minus the heavy loads and heavy thrust. I learned most of what I did from a website called Stormthecastle.com.

3. If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers for your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

    If I could, I would like to interview my first interviewee again because he is the most heavily involved in aircraft design and works with a lot of innovative designs and technology so he would probably have a better idea of things that can provide increased fuel-efficiency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment