What is the best way to decrease drag and increase fuel economy in aircraft?

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Blog 23: Final Lesson Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your block presentation and/or your senior project? Why?


(2) Questions to Consider

a. What assessment would you give yourself on your block presentation (self-assessment)?

P

b. What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AP+ or P


(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

I think what worked for my senior project was the fact that I really enjoy math and physics so learning about aerodynamics was an enjoyable experience. My topic also pertains to rockets and airplanes all of which are things I have been very interested in since I was a kid.


(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

What didn't work was finding a mentor in this specific field. As a result, if I could go back, I probably would have either chose an easier topic to find a mentor in or email any and everyone I could to try and get a mentor at this time.


(5) Finding Value

My senior project has helped in my future endeavors a lot. Currently, I am going to CSU Long Beach to study aerospace engineering, so, as a result, I have been able to get a feel and understanding of the basics of what I am going to be learning. This also helped me decide which focus of aerospace engineering I want to go into. My whole senior project has been on airplanes, and this caused me to realize how much  more enjoyment I get out of the rockets and space side of this over the airplanes, not to say I don't like this, it just does not peak my interest as much. It also has helped me understand the best ways to approach professionals from out of nowhere and made me a lot less afraid of being told no. The worst that can happen when you ask is you get a no. All of this I plan on using to get ahead of the other engineers at my university so I can be more competitive in the rough job market.

1 comment: