What is the best way to decrease drag and increase fuel economy in aircraft?

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Blog 22: Mentorship

Literal

  •  Joe Phillipy at Cal Poly Pomona Water Treatment
  • Christian Peich at CM Peich Engineering

Interpretive

What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
  • The most important thing I have gained from this experience is a greater understanding of the workload and requirements to succeed in the field of engineering. My time at Cal Poly was spent with one guy who is a fairly recent graduate from engineering school and informed me of competitiveness of the field and the tests and requirements needed to become a certified engineer in any field.
Applied

How has what you've done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.

  • Working with these engineers has really helped me answer my essential question. Since a big factor of my essential question is the "the most efficient way", these engineers were able to help me narrow it down despite them not being experts in aerospace technologies. Engineers are all about the most efficient way to get something done, the easiest and cheapest. When I was helping out engineers for my dad do takeoffs for jobs, this is all about planning out the most cost-efficient way to get something done before you actually do it. Through this, I knew the best answer was the one that can most efficiently be applied which was the Geared Turbofan engines which all that needed to be done was replacing the engines instead of redesigning the whole aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment