What is the best way to decrease drag and increase fuel economy in aircraft?

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

1. For my 30 hours, I plan to design, construct and possibly fly a remote control airplane. By doing this, I will learn the basics of aircraft design, as well as, put into practice some of the ideas and concepts I have been learning about in my research. It will also allow me to get more hands on with my project and provide me with a, hopefully, fun way to better understand my topic. Ultimately, to complete it, I will continue to research and get insight into basic aircraft design.

2. To provide proof/evidence of my 30 hours of work, I will continually take pictures as I work through all stages of the process. Along with this, I hope to have a finished project that can be presentable. If flyable, I may also produce a video with footage of it flying.

3. By designing/constructing a small scale aircraft, I am ultimately putting to practice everything I have been researching. It is a much more hands on approach that will test my knowledge on the matters and force me to learn much more. This is basically a much simplified, basic and doable aerospace engineering activity. My first interviewee also suggested that I look in to RC craft to help me learn more in depth on aerodynamics, so I am sure it will provide me with a lot of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment